Two Smith & Wessons showed up in Strongsville on Sunday in unrelated incidents.
One was found at Walmart, and the other was taken from a man who claimed to be visiting someone on Homestead Park in the middle of the night.
2 a.m. -- A Homestead Park woman called police to say three men she did not recognize were knocking on her door. All three were black and at least one was wearing a hoodie with the hood up.
Police found one of the visitors was in possession of a .38-cal. gun, which was confiscated. The men said they were there to visit the woman's neighbor, who was supposed to be waiting outside, but got the wrong house. The neighbor said he did not invite them. They were taken into custody.
5 p.m. -- A maintenance worker found a fully loaded .357 Smith & Wesson in a holster in the restroom at Walmart. The gun was given to police for safekeeping until the owner could be found.
About 7 p.m., an employee at Buffalo Wild Wings reported that a man who had been sitting at the bar all day just returned to ask if anyone had found a gun.
Police questioned the man, who lives in Parma and was in town visiting his mother. He was told to contact Strongsville police on Monday to see about getting his gun back and warned he may face charges.
See More on Patch
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Man Chases Kids with Gun; Bunch of Mischief: Police Blotter
- Man Beats Dog; and Why is Driver Going So Slow?: Police Blotter
- Hospice Nurse Solicited for Sex: Best of Blotter
- Man Robs Bank With Pen: Burglars Target Frozen Turkeys: Best of the Blotter