1. City Council meets tonight (Tuesday, Sept. 6) after a month-long summer recess at 8 p.m. in Council Chambers.
2. The newly widened Pearl Road will officially open at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 7 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony in front of St. John Neumann Church.
3. The Strongsville Mustangs play an away game on Friday night, taking on Padua. The game begins at 7 p.m. at Padua High School, 6740 State Road in Parma.
4. The VFW Post 3345 has resumed its weekly Friday night fish fry. You can get dinner there from 4-7:30 p.m. Diners can either eat in or carry dinner out.
5. There will be a citywide 9/11 ceremony at 6 p.m. on the City Commons, organized by First Evangelical Lutheran Church.