An break-in at Applebee's restaurant early Friday morning led to a pursuit when the suspect ran from police in Middleburg Heights.
An alarm brought Strongsville police to the Royalton Road restaurant about 5 a.m., where they found someone had thrown a brick through the window and stolen a flat-screen TV.
A short time later, Middleburg Heights police attempted to stop a car for a traffic violation, but the driver jumped out of the vehicle and ran.
There was a TV set in the back seat of the car, Detective Lt. John Janowski said.
A female passenger in the car was taken into custody by Middleburg Heights, but so far, she has identified the driver only by a nickname.
Janowski said police are working on identifying the man who fled. Police found blood at the scene, which could ultimately help them link a suspect to the crime.
See More on Patch
- Thieves Ram Truck into Store; Steal ATM
- Man Believes Bone He Found in Metroparks is Human: Police Blotter
- Man Chases Kids with Gun; Bunch of Mischief: Police Blotter
- Two Families Return from Vacations to Find Homes Burglarized: Police Blotter
- Man Beats Dog; and Why is Driver Going So Slow?: Police Blotter