A family on Wilma Drive got a rude awakening about 2 a.m. Thursday when someone apparently tried to break into their house through a window.
A report said the burglar alarm sounded and showed the point of entry was a den window.
The screen had been removed from the window, the report said.
At least six officers and police dog Tesco spread out in the neighborhood to look for the culprit.
Tesco tracked a scent to Nancy Drive, but officers couldn't locate anyone outside.
See More on Patch
- Taco Bell Rage; Man Living in Woods: Best of the Blotter
- Gun in Restaurant; Woman Hears Yelling from Vacant House: Police Blotter
- Spit Flies at Walmart; Death Threats Over iPod: Best of the Blotter
- Man Huffs Keyboard Cleaner, Crashes Into Tree: Best of the Blotter
- Elderly Man Scammed by Imposter Grandson; Attempted Burglary: Police Blotter