It's Fish Fry Season: Here are Some Nearby Dinners
Looking for a place near Strongsville to eat Friday nights during Lent?
Lent is here, which means tasty Friday fish fries throughout northeast Ohio.
Here are a few in Strongsville and neighboring communities.
Have we missed any you'd like to recommend? Let us know in the "Comments."
• St. John Neumann Catholic Church, 16271 Pearl Rd., Strongsville. Fish fry schedule is Feb. 22, March 1, 8, 15 and 22; 5-8 p.m. Takeout is available.
• VFW Post 3345, 17900 Strongsville Blvd., Strongsville -- Fish fries are year-round, with extended hours 4-7:30 p.m. during Lent.
• St. Albert the Great Church, 6667 Wallings Rd., North Royalton -- Every Friday during Lent except Good Friday; 4-7:30 p.m. Cost is $8, with earlybird specials 4-5 p.m. for $7. Takeout is available. Fish, shrimp and pierogies dinners available; sides include french fries, pizza and mac and cheese.
• St. Colette Catholic Church, 330 W. 130th St., Brunswick -- Every Friday during Lent except Good Friday; 4:30-7 p.m.; menu varies each week.
• Brunswick United Methodist Church, 1395 Pearl Rd., Brunswick -- March 1, 8, 15 and 22, 5-7 p.m.
• St. Ambrose, 929 Pearl Rd., Brunswick -- Every Friday during Lent, 4:30-7 p.m.
• St. Adalbert Church, 66 Adalbert St., Berea -- Fridays from Feb. 15 through March 22; 4:30-7:30 p.m. Cost is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, $5 for kids 5-12. All-you-can-eat baked cod, cabbage and noodles, pierogies, fries, rigatoni, mac and cheese, rolls, slaw, dessert and beverage.
• West Side Irish-American Club, 8559 Jennings Rd., Olmsted Township -- Every Friday through Good Friday, March 29; 5-7:30 p.m. Features choice of baked fish dinner, beer-battered fish dinner, breaded shrimp platter, baked stuffed flounder, fish sandwich, clam chowder, kids' menu items, dessert. Entertainment 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.