Mountain Bike Expo is Sunday in Strongsville
Cleveland Metroparks celebrates opening of new trail at Royalview
Check out the new trail and get some biking tips at the Cleveland Metroparks' Royalview Mountain Bike Expo from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 17 at Royalview Picnic Area in Mill Stream Run Reservation in Strongsville.
The new natural-surface Royalview Trail offers both beginners and experienced mountain bike riders 10.1 miles of trail network through the woods, with views of Royalview Creek.
At the expo, riders 8 and older will find:
- Noon to 1 and 2 to 3 p.m. - Kids' Skills Clinic for ages 8 and older
- 12:15 to 2 and 2:15 to 4 p.m. - Beginner Clinics and rides for teens and older
- 12:30 to 2 and 2:30 to 4 p.m. - Group rides for teens and older
Demonstrations and mini-clinics at the event are:
- Noon and 2 p.m. - "How to Fit a Helmet"
- 12:30 p.m. - "Mountain Bike Types and Technology"
- 1 p.m. - "How to Change a Tire"
- 2 p.m. - "Cleveland Metroparks Ranger Bike Demonstrations"
- 3 p.m. - "Obstacle Course Race"
Bring a bike, and helmets are required.
Refreshments will be available, and adults 21 and over can visit the Beer Garden.
The natural-surface Royalview Trail was built by Cleveland Metroparks, the Student Conservation Association and hundreds of volunteer hours from the Cleveland Area Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA), with funding from Cleveland Metroparks Emerald Necklace Fund.
Royalview Picnic Area is off Royalview Lane in Mill Stream Run Reservation, off Valley Parkway, just south of Royalton Road/Route 82 in Strongsville.
Suggested parking for the event is along Royalview Lane and at the nearby Chalet Recreation Area. Shuttle service will be provided to and from the Chalet.