New Fundraiser Set for Cracker Barrel Shooting Victim
You can help Kayla Allen by going out to eat May 10
As Cracker Barrel shooting victim Kayla Allen continues to recover at MetroHealth Medical Center, friends and family are trying to provide for the 10-year-old's future.
They have organized a second major fundraiser on Kayla's behalf. On Thursday, May 10, area Bob Evans restaurants will donate 15 percent of their sales between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. to the Kayla Allen Benefit Fund.
Kayla's mother, Kate, and sister, Kerri, 10, were killed April 12 when her father, Kevin Allen, opened fire at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Brooklyn. Kevin Allen was shot and killed by police.
Kayla's health had improved to the point she was listed in fair condition, but she suffered a brain aneurysm last week and underwent surgery. The long-term effects of that setback aren't yet known.
Friends have set up the Kayla Allen Benefit Fund Facebook page to promote the fundraisers and keep well-wishers posted on Kayla's condition. You can also make donations through PayPal by visiting the page.
To donate to the fund May 10, Bob Evans visitors must present a flier, which you can download and print here.
These Bob Evans locations are participating in the fundraiser:
- Independence: 5980 Rockside Rd. (Rockside Road at 1-77).
- Brook Park: 13050 Brookpark Rd. (off I-480).
- Elyria: 503 Griswold Rd. (Route 57 between I-80 and I-90).
- North Olmsted: 25853 Lorain Rd. (Great Northern Mall)
- Amherst: 700 North Leavitt Rd. (State Route 58 at State Route 2).
- Avon: 36160 Detroit Rd. (Route 83 and I-90).
- Beachwood: 3700 Orange Place (off I-271)
- South Euclid: 13875 Cedar Rd.
- Brunswick: 3198 Center Rd. (I-71 and State Route 303).
- Middleburg Heights: 17011 East Bagley Road (Bagley Road at I-71)
- Westlake: 29750 Detroit Rd.