News of the Week: Man Shoots His Family; Store Owners Charged with Trafficking; Tornado's Anniversary
Here are Strongsville headlines from the last few days
In Strongsville Patch last week:
1. Shurmer Road man shoots family -- Kevin Allen shot his wife and two daughters at a crowded Cracker Barrel restaurant in Brooklyn. Kate Allen, whose maiden name was Jindra, grew up in Strongsville.
2. Police release 911 tape from shooting -- Kate Allen tells a dispatcher her husband is circling around the restaurant and she needs help moments before she is shot and killed.
3. Twilight Boutique owners charged -- Linndale police charge the owners of the Prospect Road head shop with multiple counts of drug trafficking.
4. Anniversary of tornado -- April 11 was the 47th anniversary of a Palm Sunday tornado that devastated a Strongsville neighborhood and killed a baby.
5. Middle school plan -- A proposal to build a new middle school will face some opposition, according to our poll.
6. Speeders' excuse too lame -- Two women who embellished a drama to get out of a ticket found themselves in bigger trouble.