News of the Week: School Custodian Convicted of Sex Offense; Middle School Sites Narrowed to 2; Unusual Break-ins Reported
Here's what happened in Strongsville over the last few days
News from Strongsville this week:
1. Custodian convicted -- LaDon Perkins, an elementary school custodian here, is convicted of fondling a 13-year-old at his Rocky River home.
2. Break-ins Reported -- Police investigate three unrelated, out-of-the-ordinary incidents involving intruders.
3. Middle school plan -- School officials said they will ask an architect to help determine the location of a proposed new middle school after a task force studying the issue deadlocks on two sites.
4. Development predicted on Pearl -- The south end of Pearl Road is on the verge of a major business boom, observers say.
5. Cracker Barrel delivers -- The Brooklyn restaurant donates thousands to the Strongsville schools after a shooting there claimed the lives of all four members of a Shurmer Road family.
6. Water main break -- A 12-inch line ruptures Friday morning, closing Drake Road and flooding a nearby house.