News of the Week: Traffic Fixes, Raid at Head Shop, Giant Eagle Cleared to Build, Car Break-Ins
Here's what happened in Strongsville over the last few days
Here are some of the top headlines on Strongsville Patch this week:
1. Twilight Boutique targeted -- Police from Linndale served a search warrant at the Propsect Road head shop, arresting the owner and an employee and confiscating nearly 2,000 items, including hundreds of pipes and more than 500 packets of "herbal incense" that kids and young adults smoke for a marijuana-like high.
2. Traffic fixes -- City officials discussed a list of traffic complaints from residents and identified several areas that will be improved.
3. Giant Eagle rezoning approved -- Voters agreed to rezone a part of the Strongsville Golf property so Giant Eagle can build a Market District store.
4. School levy approved -- Strongsville voters approved a 6-mill renewal levy for the school district at the polls March 6.
6. Car break-ins -- A thief -- or group of thieves -- is targeting women's purses that are left in cars. Most of the 20-30 incidents have taken place in Medina County, but police believe some recent break-ins here were related to the string to the south.