Police Blotter: 'Ding-Dong Ditching,' Pesky Cabbie, Eggings
Information is provided by the Strongsville Police Department.
• A resident on the 16700 block of Drake Road told police some juvenile neighbors were "ding-dong ditching" the residence while they are trying to sleep at about 10:30 p.m. Aug. 3. The neighboring homeowner told police the mischievous kids would stay in for the night.
• Two residents on the 14200 block of Niagara Drive told police the driver of a silver cab was pounding on their door after they paid their fare, acting strange and propositioning them at about 1:30 a.m. Aug. 4. They said they were afraid because the driver knows where they live. Police contacted the driver and told him to avoid any contact with the residents or he could face prosecution.
• A resident of the 20500 block of Pembrook Oval told police that forks, spoons and cups were scattered about in his yard the evening of Aug. 4, and said it had happened about six months ago as well.
• A caller from the 11600 block of Park Moses Avenue told police he found some 4 Loko cans, pool furniture moved and damage to the basketball rim. Security cameras showed four males climbing the fence and bending the basketball rim between 2:30 and 3 a.m. Aug. 4.
• A caller complained that a group of kids was egging cars from the Michaud's parking lot at 16808 Pearl Rd. at about 10 p.m. Aug. 5. Three juveniles in a vehicle and license plate that matched the description were later stopped by police.
• A customer at Kohl's, 17555 Southpark Center, told police her sideview mirror was stolen from her car at about 3 p.m. Aug. 4.
• A resident on the 17600 block of Whitney Road told police she was missing some jewelry at about 11 a.m. Aug. 5. She believes a maintenance man took the jewelry.