A 14-year-old boy really didn't want to go to school Aug. 31 -- to the point that he called police to get out of it.
A report said the boy called for help about 6:45 a.m., reporting that when he told his dad he wasn't feeling well, his dad chased him down the street with a baseball bat.
Officers found the boy waiting for them on Webster Road and took him back to his house, where the dad said his son was faking being sick to get out of going to school.
At no time did he threaten violence, chase him or get a bat, the report said.
Dad and son talked about the issue and the teen was getting ready for school when officers left.
See More on Patch
- Crackdown on Truant Students Nabs Some Offenders
- Teen Flees at 100 MPH; Door-to-Door Panhandling: Police Blotter
- Skirmishes Between Picketers and Public: Police Blotter
- Police Dog Takes a Bite Out of Crime; and Pornographic Delivery: Best of the Blotter
- Elderly Man Scammed by Imposter Grandson; Attempted Burglary: Police Blotter