Strongsville Patch is celebrating its birthday today! The website launched one year ago today.
To commemorate the day, especially because our anniversary is perfectly timed for a year-end review, here's a look at some of the top stories in Strongsville from the last year.
1. Former Councilman Pat Coyne pleads guilty to fraud charges in the Cuyahoga County corruption probe and is sentenced to nearly five years in prison.
3. A Hollo Oval man is awaiting trial on charges he attacked his wife and daughter with an ax during a domestic dispute in August.
6. A Strongsville police officer shoots and wounds a suspected drug dealer in the Walmart parking lot.
7. Borders closes its doors on Royalton Road when the national chain goes under.
8. Voters reject a school levies in May, August and November. The first was an ill-fated 9.9-mill issue, followed by a 6.9-mill try for new money in August. In November, the schools sought a 6-mill renewal.
10. A kid dressed as a banana attacks a kid trying to drum up business for Verizon Wireless by waving to cars in a gorilla suit. You wouldn't think this was a top story of the year, but it was picked up by national news outlets and even made the Yahoo! home page.
We post all our best stories on our Facebook page. Like us on Facebook and get all the top headlines.