A rundown on news of the past week:
1. The in the Plaza at SouthPark opens for dinner. The 10,000-square-foot restaurant will feature a year-round patio, which will be enclosed in the winter.
2. A Menchie's frozen yogurt outlet will soon occupy the space that previously held Cold Stone Creamery.
3. One of the quirkier Police Blotters in recent memory includes two separate incidents involving bats. Not baseball bats.
4. There are in August.
5. Repairs to City Council chambers from the car that crashed through the wall in June .
6. The Strongsville VFW Post 3345 dedicates a new bench to the Coast Guard.