What hour of the day is busiest for Strongsville police officers? What month of the year brings the most calls?
Here are five behind-the-scenes aspects of police work we found in the Strongsville Police Department's 2011 annual report.
1. The highest volume of calls come in between 1 and 4 p.m.
2. The busiest month for Strongsville police last year was July, when more than 3,200 calls came in. Next was August, then June, then October. Slowest was February, with fewer than 2,900 calls.
3. The department was asked to help with 1,629 lockouts. That's a lot of absent-minded drivers -- more than four a day.
4. Police checked out . Alarms make up 13 percent of the department's callouts.
5. The department's three canine officers, Achill, Cash and Tesco, were called into service 138 times in 2011. Half of the calls were for drug searches; 18 percent for tracking a suspect; 11 percent to search a building; 12 percent to assist other agencies.