Some of the headlines from Strongsville Patch this week:
1. New restaurant, upscale wine bar -- applied for a liquor license for a tapas restaurant and wine bar next to on Pearl Road. The city has objected to the permit pending approval of plans.
2. Work starts on ring road -- that will connect the stores along Pearl Road between Whitney and Sprague. 's legal action had delayed the road.
3. Outdoor pool -- Mayor Tom Perciak said he does not foresee the city any time soon.
4. Vandalism patrol -- Strongsville police will renew their efforts to by stationing officers on foot and bicycles at night this summer.
5. Warm weather leads to burglaries -- A couple on South Drive . Police believe the same man also broke into a neighbor's house and two cars. He got into the houses through open windows.
6. People -- Nearly 90 percent of people who took a Strongsville Patch poll favor Ward 3 Councilman Jim Carbone's efforts to improve the streetscape on Pearl.