Most weeks, there are a few things in the Strongsville police reports that are odd, often chuckle-worthy.
They don't make the Police Blotter because they're not newsy enough, or they might be embarassing to someone.
A few this week seemed worth mentioning:
• A woman told police there is a conspiracy against her because someone in her family married an ethnic person. Someone is filming her house, she said.
• A 12-year-old boy threw a fit after his mom made him a sandwich with sauerkraut on it. Then, when he and his mother argued, the boy called 911. Police gave him a lesson on proper use of 911.
• A man got a text from his dad saying "Call 911 need help." So he did. When police arrived, they found the man intoxicated and waking up from a nap. He said he didn't know why he texted the message. He was fine.
• When a man went to his estranged wife's house to pick up some belongings, including his birth certificate, she gave part of it to him -- cut into pieces. He got all the pieces before he left.
• A witness reported an older man in apparent trouble on I-71 after he pulled off the road and sat there with his head back and foot on the brake about 8:20 a.m. The man told police he was tired and decided to pull over and take a nap. Officers told him it wasn't the best place to sleep, so he agreed to move to somewhere on Royalton Road.