With an increasing number of influenza cases reported, Southwest General has modified its patient/visitor policy to help minimize the spread within the hospital.
When visiting a patient, here are the new rules, adopted Jan. 10:
- Must be 18 or older
- Two visitors at a time in patient rooms or procedural areas. (In labor and delivery, dad is not considered a visitor)
- Keep visitation periods brief
- No visitation if you are ill or experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, chills, sore throat, headache, muscle aches or diarrhea
- Visiting hours are as follows:
Medical/Surgical, Critical Care Unit and Maternity: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit: 11 a.m. – noon and 6–8 p.m.
Oakview Behavioral Health Center: 6–8 p.m.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting all rooms and areas, and after coughing or sneezing.
For more information, call Southwest General’s Health Connection at 440-816-5050.
Patients with medical emergencies can visit:
Southwest General Emergency Trauma Center (Main Campus) 18697 Bagley Rd., Middleburg Heights, 440-816-8888
Brunswick Medical Center & Emergency Room 4065 Center Rd.,Brunswick, 330-558-0123
For those who have not yet had a flu shot, Southwest General is offering flu shots at the following locations:
Brook Park Urgicare 15900 Snow Rd., Brook Park, 440-816-8744 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Strongsville Urgicare 18181 Pearl Rd., Strongsville, 440-816-2273 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
You must be 18 or older to receive a flu shot. Most insurances, including Medicare Part B, accepted. No appointments needed. Available while supplies last.