New Mountain Bike Trail Opening Soon
Big celebration is set for June 17
Treat dad to the new, free Cleveland Metroparks "Royalview Mountain Bike Expo" event on Sunday, June 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Royalview Picnic Area in Strongsville.
The 8-mile trail winds through the woods and offers great views of Royalview Creek, according to the Cleveland Metroparks.
Beginners will find the trail smooth and easy to maneuver, with short and long rides. More experienced riders will enjoy the flowing single track up and down the ravines, according to a new release.
The natural-surface Royalview Trail is being built by Cleveland Metroparks, the Student Conservation Association and hundreds of volunteer hours from the Cleveland Area Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA), with funding from Cleveland Metroparks Emerald Necklace Fund.
The trail officially opens June 15. At the event June 17, mountain bikers 8 and older can find:
- Noon to 1 and 2 to 3 p.m. - Kids Skills Clinic for ages 8 and older
- 12:15 to 2 and 2:15 to 4 p.m. - Beginner Clinics and rides for teens and older
- 12:30 to 2 and 2:30 to 4 p.m. - Group rides for teens and older
Demonstrations and mini-clinics at the event are:
- Noon and 2 p.m. - How to Fit a Helmet
- 12:30 p.m. - Mountain Bike Types and Technology
- 1 p.m. - How to Change a Tire
- 2 p.m. - Cleveland Metroparks Ranger Bike Demonstrations
- 3 p.m. - Obstacle Course Race
Bring a bike, and helmets are required.
Refreshments will be available, and adults ages 21 and over can purchase beer at the "Beer Garden."
Royalview Picnic Area is located off Royalview Lane in Mill Stream Run Reservation, off Valley Parkway, just south of Royalton Road/Route 82 in Strongsville.
Suggested parking for the event is along Royalview Lane and at the nearby Chalet Recreation Area. Shuttle service will be provided to and from the Chalet Recreation Area.