Retail Still Active in Strongsville
Here's a wrap-up of some of the latest business news
Two Strongsville businesses are planning ribbon-cutting ceremonies and a new tenant is looking at the vacant Borders store.
Here's a look at some of the recent business activity in Strongsville:
• Samurai Sushi Bar and Hibachi Steakhouse, which opened a few months ago in the Plaza at SouthPark, will have its official grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony at 4 p.m. Dec. 6.
• The Cute Little Cake Shop will have its grand opening celebation at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 10. The gourmet cake ball and cake pop store will move into Strongsville Towne Centre near Plato's Closet.
• A company is looking at the vacant Borders spot, but Economic Development Director Brent Painter said no deal has been signed.
• There has been some interest in the former Bounce City site, but no takers yet, Painter said.
• Negotiations continue for a tenant next to La-Z-Boy Furniture at the Plaza at SouthPark. In May, a company applied for a liquor permit there. The name of the restaurant was not revealed, but officials said the applicant was Hospitality Restaurants of Cleveland, which operates Delmonico's Steakhouse in Independence, Salmon Dave's in Rocky River, The Cabin Club in Westlake, Blue Point Grill in downtown Cleveland and Rosewood Grill in Hudson, as well as the Thirsty Parrot nightclub in downtown Cleveland.